(makes 8-10 servings)
1 1/2 lbs of Italian Sausage
1 green bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
1 pack of sliced mushrooms
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 large can of tomatoe puree
1 box/bag of Penne Pasta
1 bag of mixed cheese (Anything mixture with Romano and Mozzarella)
- Slice the red and green bell peppers and onion.
- Toss peppers, mushrooms, onion, garlic and tomatoe puree and diced tomatoes in a sauce pan. Let simmer for about 10-15 mins.
- Boil water for pasta while sauce simmers.
- Once pasta is cooking, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Keep pasta al dente, drain and dump back into pot.
- Add the sauce and a little cheese to the noodles and stir.
- Once everything is well mixed, transfer to a baking dish, or tin pan for easy clean-up.
- Sprinkle as much cheese as you would like ontop.
- Place in the oven, un-covered, for 20 mins or till cheese is golden brown.
- Let cool for 10 mins and serve.