Saturday, December 31, 2011

Gettin' Down with the Machine...

before powering up.

I couldn't have been more excited than on Christmas, than when I opened my sewing machine. All the ideas rushing out of my brain making my fingers itch. But first I had to figure out HOW to start. So I went to the fabric store and looked at some books. I finally decided on a great book that was REALLY helpful and had great tips and projects.



What I love about the book is the step-by-step instructions along with pictures that really help a visual learner like myself.

Here is the table of contents. As you can see there are a ton of things to read from, and that it really goes over the essentials of sewing.
This was something that I refer to all the time. The types of fabric and thread that they require.
 Here is an example of a specific sewing seam with instructions and pictures to help you. I love the fact that I dont have to try and picture what they are talking about, but simply look at the corresponding picture.



 What did you find most helpful when you started out?

No comments:

Post a Comment