Sunday, December 4, 2011

Canvas Photographs

Hey guys. I thought this would make awesome gifts for any type of occasion. Hope you enjoy this project as much as I did.

Supplies
Any size canvas
Photo
Mod Podge
Scrapbook Paper
2 Sponge Applicators
Wax paper

1. Select your photograph and size canvas. I chose to use a page from a magazine. ( I used a photo printed from my computer and that worked as well. )
2. Place the canvas on the scrapbook page and start cutting the strips to cover the sides. I just flipped the canvas over to cut the strips for each side.

3. Take your sponge applicator and slightly lift up your canvas. Dip the applicator in the Mod Podge and apply to canvas. Use long strokes and make sure its an even spread. (place the canvas on wax paper to help from sticking to unwanted surfaces)
4. When you apply the photo there are two ways to add it. The first way makes it a tad bit wrinkly and the other will make it flat. I chose the 1st.
a. place the photo on top of the Mod Podge and smooth out wrinkles. This will still
leave a few wrinkles in the photo, but look more natural.
b. Place a corner on the canvas and smooth away wrinkles as you lay the rest down.
Making sure you rub out all the wrinkles before
you continue to lay the photo down.

5. Let the photo and canvas dry. (I let it dry overnight. I noticed if I continued to the next step without waiting the ink smeared slightly on the photo I printed from my computer) 
6. Apply more Mod Podge to the top of the photo again making sure it is an even coat. The photo will look whiteish, but will dry clear.
7. After applying the top coat to the photo, apply Mod Podge to the sides of the canvas and place strips of scrapbook paper.  Let dry for about 20 mins and then add a layer of Mod Podge to those as well as another layer to the photo.


8. Once the top layer has dried, use the acrylic paint, the sponge applicator and dab the edges and round the corners of the photo off. This will blend the scrapbook paper and the photo together.


ENJOY!!










No comments:

Post a Comment