Monday, February 20, 2012

LED nail set

Lately I have been into painting and designing my nails. But working at the animal shelter reaked havoc on my polish. Sometimes the polish wouldn't even last a whole day. So when I saw the LED activiated nail polish I was really interested in how it worked, how long it REALLY lasted, and how easy/affordable it was.

I did some research online about the difference between LED and UV light polish. From what I got it wasn't much except the cost of bulbs. Each requires a base and top coat and special lighting.

For me, my local Walmart made the desiscion for me about which I would try. They had a kit specifically for the LED polish.

As you can see the package claims 2 weeks of great color, so of course this interested me. The kit itself was a little pricey $50, but it came with everything I needed to get started.

kit includes:
  • Buffer and nail file
  • Lint free wipes
  • Gel cleanser
  • Gel Primer
  • Gel base and top coat
  • Color gel polish
  • Lamp



They also have refill kits that run about $20. So in the short run it costs more than regular nail polish, but in the long run it should cost you less.

I first tried this polish, but then also tried applying lace to the top with nail glue. However, it didn't work out so well so I peeled the lace and nail color off. I re-applied it just yesterday and so far it has held up great.

I'll keep everyone posted about how long it really lasts and my full review of the product.

There are a tons of other colors as well, so pick a color you love and try it too!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment